- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Sam Brownback Items
Kansas collected $217 million less in taxes than it expected in May, news that is likely to intensify a political debate over income tax cuts championed by Republican Gov. Sam Brownback, though his administration said Friday that the shortfall is a temporary problem tied to federal tax issues.
Kansas' top environmental regulator gave the go-ahead Friday for the construction of a $2.8 billion coal-fired power plant, only days before the federal government was expected to announce new rules for utilities designed to curb greenhouse gas emissions.
The Hutchinson News, May 23
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and his administration announced Tuesday an investment of $9.5 million in state and federal funds to expand mental health services and agency coordination.
Drought conditions are continuing to worsen in Kansas despite recent rain, prompting Gov. Sam Brownback to declare half the state in a drought emergency.
The Manhattan Mercury, May 15
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is shuffling his administration, naming the head of the state's aging and disabilities agency to be his new budget director.
Teachers and education advocates protested Saturday at the Kansas Statehouse against what they described as Republican Gov. Sam Brownback's policies attacking public schools.
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback on Friday vetoed a $5 million transfer from the state's share of a national tobacco settlement that legislators sought to divert to the Kansas Bioscience Authority.