- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Latest Sam Brownback Items
A Kansas proposal seen by the National Rifle Association as a model for stripping cities and counties of the power to regulate firearms and nullify existing local gun ordinances is on track to clear the state Legislature quickly after the Senate approved it Wednesday.
Kansas trails five neighboring states in 11 of 12 categories that measure the rate of recovery from the recession, according to a report released this week by a nonpartisan Wichita business group.
It would seem a simple task. Write a check for $129 million and satisfy a Kansas Supreme Court ruling regarding the constitutionality of school funding.
Kansas will join a lawsuit against the federal agency that's listing the lesser prairie chicken as a threatened species, Gov. Sam Brownback announced Friday, saying the designation isn't necessary to rebuild the bird's population.
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback criticized the federal government's decision to add the lesser prairie chicken to its list of threatened species Thursday as an "overreach," and a spokeswoman said his office is considering a lawsuit.
Republican Gov. Sam Brownback said Tuesday he was optimistic that legislators were getting closer to a school funding solution to satisfy a Kansas Supreme Court ruling, though he would like to see more of the new spending directed toward classrooms.
Kansas legislators have given final approval to a bill designating a winged dinosaur and an ancient sea creature as the state's official fossils.
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback has signed legislation pushed by fellow Republicans making it harder for voters to switch parties before primary elections.
Republican Gov. Sam Brownback has until March 31 to decide the fate of the Kansas GOP's plan to make it harder for voters to switch parties before primary elections.