- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Sam Dower Items
Sloppy play and poor shooting are always a dangerous combination. It proved to be the formula for a loss for Gonzaga in the same week it reclaimed its status as a ranked team.
Memphis coach Josh Pastner wasn't going to let No. 23 Gonzaga win on its 3-point shooting.
Gonzaga coach Mark Few's strategy to push the ball inside was effective for No. 23 Bulldogs - until the final few minutes.
Gonzaga and Memphis square off in a nationally televised, Top 25 showdown with both teams hoping to add a signature win to its resume.
Sam Dower scored a career-high 28 points and pulled down 14 rebounds, leading Gonzaga to an 82-72 win at Loyola Marymount on Saturday.
Sam Dower was perfect from the field and scored 18 points as Gonzaga bounced back from having its 22-game conference win streak snapped by routing Pepperdine in a first-place showdown, 70-53 Thursday night.
With No. 1 Indiana losing to Minnesota on Tuesday, the Zags might reach the top of the AP basketball poll Monday if they can beat BYU on Thursday and Portland on Saturday.
Second-ranked Gonzaga's game at BYU on Thursday suddenly has national significance.