- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
Latest Sam Stitt Items
"It's all about swinging together guys, pass that rhythm back," says Olympic rower Sam Stitt into his megaphone as he puts Georgetown's varsity lightweight crew through a late fall workout. "Real clean here, let's make this work."
About 10 years ago, two pancake breakfasts at Metro 29 Diner — a teal, glass and aluminum comfort-food haven in Arlington — would have set you back about $15. Double that if you're feeding a couple of towering 200-pounders who have just spent the morning rowing from the Key Bridge to Mount Vernon on the Potomac.