- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - San Antonio Silver Stars
The San Antonio Silver Stars is a team in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) based in San Antonio, Texas. They are one of the original eight founding teams in the WNBA. - Source: Wikipedia
As it turned out, the Thunder's entry into the Western Conference Finals isn't the only Oklahoma basketball connection to the Alamo City.
Becky Hammon scored 22 points to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to their 12th straight victory, 75-72 against the Washington Mystics on Tuesday night.
Mystics center Michelle Snow doesn't like to lose. But then again, the 10-year veteran who joined the Mystics in the offseason isn't used to being in this position.
The Washington Mystics opened the second half of the season Tuesday night against the visiting San Antonio Silver Stars with only one thought — to right a sinking ship that had them in last place in the the Eastern Conference with a 3-11 record.
Penny Taylor had 18 points, eight assists and five rebounds to lead the Phoenix Mercury over the San Antonio Silver Stars 103-87 on Friday night.