- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - San Diego Padres
Maybin said in a statement distributed through the Major League Baseball Players Association the failed test was the result of a change in the medication he was using to treat Attention Deficit Disorder.
The 30-year-old Headley can become a free agent after this season. He's hitting .229 with seven homers and 32 RBI but has a .339 average since July 4.
In 10 major league seasons with Oakland (2005-08), Colorado (2009-11) and San Diego (2012-14), Street is 35-27 with 258 saves and a 2.87 ERA. He has converted 109 of his last 117 save chances, the best mark in the majors in that span.
Lincecum pitched his second no-hitter against the San Diego Padres in less than a year, allowing only one runner Wednesday and leading the San Francisco Giants to a 4-0 win.
Jordan Zimmermann was perfect for six innings, eventually going a complete game without allowing a run in Washington's 6-0 win over San Diego.
Zimmermann (5-2) faced only two batters over the minimum as he walked none in his first complete game of the season and sixth of his career. It was his third career shutout. His previous career high was 11 strikeouts, which he'd done twice.
Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was selected by the San Diego Padres in the 28th round of the Major League Baseball draft Saturday.
Roark (4-4) beat the Padres 4-0 at Washington on April 26th, throwing a three-hitter for his first career shutout. He struck out eight that game, his previous career high.
Eric Stults says he doesn't pay too much attention to the opposing pitchers during his starts.
Chris Sale is a dominant power pitcher with the potential for a double-digit strikeout performance every time he takes the mound.
Tyson Ross would have liked to have had better command when he faced what has been a tough Chicago White Sox lineup Saturday. Yet the San Diego Padres' right hander had no trouble handcuffing a White Sox offense that is suddenly scuffling.
Ian Kennedy has had enough problems getting run support from his offense. This time, he had to deal with a mental lapse by his defense.
Even after spending two weeks on the disabled list, Jose Abreu easily leads the Chicago White Sox in home runs and RBIs.
There weren't many positives for the Chicago White Sox during a 4-1 loss to the San Diego Padres on Friday night.
Chase Anderson is the first Arizona pitcher to win his first three career starts.