- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
San Diego Padres
Latest San Diego Padres Items
The punchless San Diego Padres don't have many answers these days.
Bronson Arroyo figures the Arizona Diamondbacks' rotten start has got to turn around at some point.
It didn't take Tim Hudson very long to establish himself as the ace of the San Francisco Giants' rotation.
Bud Black has a pretty good idea why the San Diego Padres are off to another slow start. The veteran manager also knows it will get a lot rougher for his ballclub if things don't change soon.
Madison Bumgarner became San Francisco's most steady starter last season, and now he is stumbling through the season's first month.
Cameron Maybin didn't need to slide to make it safely into second base. He did it anyway, and in grandiose style.
Padres pitcher Ian Kennedy struck out nine Nationals, walked none and retired 16 straight batters at one stretch.
Thanks to their pitching, the San Diego Padres have hovered around the .500 mark despite having the second-lowest batting average in the National League.
After striking out 13 times in an 11-1 loss to Stephen Strasburg and the Washington Nationals on Friday night, the San Diego Padres had reason to look forward to facing a much less-imposing pitcher on Saturday.