- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
San Francisco 49Ers
Latest San Francisco 49Ers Items
Tom Brady's latest comeback bid came up short, and the Miami Dolphins helped their playoff chances with a 24-20 breakthrough victory Sunday over the AFC East-leading New England Patriots.
It was the kind of a game deserving of the burgeoning rivalry, a chippy affair very much in doubt until Frank Gore ripped off a run that saved some self-respect if not the season for the San Francisco 49ers.
Brady threw two touchdown passes in the final 61 seconds and New England recovered an onside kick to set up the comeback win. The Browns moved to the Patriots 40 with 1 second left, but Billy Cundiff missed a 58-yard field goal.
In all, five Redskins players have sustained a concussion this season: tight end Jordan Reed, safeties Reed Doughty, Brandon Meriweather and Jordan Pugh, and cornerback David Amerson. Eight players sustained one last season, with only right tackle Tyler Polumbus missing the following game because symptoms persisted.
Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed has been cleared to play in Sunday night's game against the New York Giants according to a report by FOXSports.com.
It sure looked illegal but Aldon Smith did not get fined for his kick to RG3's groin.
Tight end Jordan Reed says he's confident that he'll be able to suit up Sunday night against the Giants.
Darrel Young (hamstring) and Niles Paul (illness) did not practice Thursday.
Tara VanDerveer has never concerned herself with coaching milestones, always focusing on the next game.