- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
San Francisco 49Ers
Latest San Francisco 49Ers Items
Oddsmakers had trouble picking the favorite in what figures to be one of the most evenly matched - and heavily bet - Super Bowls ever.
49ers All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman suffered what is believed to be a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, which could require reconstructive surgery this offseason.
Seattle's top-ranked defense forced three fourth-quarter turnovers, and Russell Wilson threw a 35-yard touchdown pass on fourth down for the winning points in a 23-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers for the NFC title Sunday.
Anquan Boldin easily outjumped Earl Thomas in the end zone on a go-ahead 26-yard touchdown catch, and the San Francisco 49ers answered the Seattle Seahawks with a big play to take a 17-13 lead after three quarters in Sunday's NFC championship game.
The Seattle Seahawks are bringing their game-changing defense -- and the 12th Man -- to the Big Apple for the Super Bowl.
Pete Carroll built the Seattle Seahawks so moments like playing for an NFC championship don't feel out of the ordinary.
Colin Kaepernick is carrying himself with a swagger much like a year ago, when he led the San Francisco 49ers to their first Super Bowl appearance in 18 years as a newbie starter at quarterback.
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks at the CenturyLink Field:
SAN FRANCISCO (14-4) at SEATTLE (14-3)