- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
San Francisco 49Ers
Latest San Francisco 49Ers Items
Bad as the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers were in 1976, going 0-14 on the way to what became a 26-game losing streak, they never were as big of an underdog as the Jacksonville Jaguars are against the Denver Broncos this weekend.
A teenage football fan suffered a concussion and a broken arm and nose at Candlestick Park after police say he was attacked during the San Francisco 49ers 27-7 loss to the Indianapolis Colts this weekend.
Smith played Sunday and had five tackles just two days after he was arrested and jailed Friday morning on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession.
The San Francisco 49ers are prepared to go forward without star linebacker Aldon Smith for as long as it takes for him to get clean, healthy and improve his life.
The fan group attempting to set a Guinness World Records mark for loudest stadium says it has established a record during Sunday night's game between the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.
Tampa Bay safety Dashon Goldson was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Friday for hitting New York Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland in the head and neck area in the teams' season opener last Sunday.
If they are at all relieved at putting the high-tempo Eagles behind them for a conventional offensive attack, Washington's defenders may rethink that on Sunday afternoon.
Jim Harbaugh offered a parting shot at Packers linebacker Clay Matthews: Slapping is not the tough-guy way.
Reversing several centuries of accumulated wisdom, the NFL ruled Monday that two wrongs sometime do make a right.