- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - San Francisco Chronicle
The father of a 16-year-old Oakland boy who was shot in the face by an officer who mistook him for a robbery suspect is suing the city.
Sonoma County authorities say a body has been found in a Petaluma landfill.
Archaeologists and Native Americans are clashing over Indian remains and artifacts that were excavated during a construction project in the San Francisco Bay Area and then reburied at an undisclosed location, a newspaper reported.
The National Park Service wants to snuff out fires a little earlier on San Francisco's Ocean Beach.
Prosecutors say a 19-year-old man has been charged with murder for allegedly being under the influence of alcohol when he caused a head-on crash that killed a man in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Authorities say a bomb squad from the San Francisco Police Department has been sent to the Presidio after a pickup truck was pulled over with possible explosives in the back.
A growing number of residents and workers on Treasure Island are complaining about mold in aging buildings on the former Navy base in San Francisco Bay.
California wildlife regulators are proposing a ban on contests that reward hunters who kill coyotes and other predators.
San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi has named former interim East Palo Alto police Chief Federico Rocha as his new undersheriff.
Biologists have flocked to Alcatraz Island to get a glimpse of a seabird that is believed to have never previously visited the waters of the Pacific.
San Francisco residents and visitors won't need to feed parking meters on Sundays any more.
San Francisco lawmakers are considering making it legal for city residents to rent out their homes on sites such as Airbnb, but only if they have liability insurance and meet other requirements, a newspaper reported.
Passengers aboard a SuperShuttle van bound for the San Francisco airport were left standing by the side of a road after one of their fellow riders ousted them and stole the vehicle.
Spray-painted fire hydrants in San Francisco are creating a public safety threat and costing the city tens of thousands of dollars, a newspaper reported.
San Francisco landlords are offering longtime residents as much as $50,000 to move out and make way for higher-paying tenants.