- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
San Francisco Chronicle
Latest San Francisco Chronicle Items
San Francisco firefighters prevented a five-alarm fire from spreading from a condominium construction site to nearby buildings on Tuesday.
Software billionaire Larry Ellison says in a book excerpt that he'd like to have the next America's Cup in Hawaii, although his sailing team CEO says officials are still in the process of picking a venue.
More visitors flock to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area than to any other spot in the National Park Service.
Two workers were burned by acid Monday at a Northern California refinery processing unit where a similar incident occurred last month, state health officials said.
Seven media groups won "Grand Slam" honors in the annual Associated Press Sports Editors' writing and sections contest that was held this week.
A cold case murder suspect identified through fingerprint and DNA evidence was found dead days after learning that he'd been linked to the crime.
A jury has convicted the heads of a former Alameda County agency accused of misusing hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal funds to help low-income residents, youth and parolees.
Word last week that a Northern California couple found $10 million in gold coins while walking their dog has set off a Gold Rush of theories over who left behind all that loot.
Police say two victims have been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide at a convalescent home.