- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
- Drone technology turns South, targets feral pigs to kill
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
San Francisco Giants
Latest San Francisco Giants Items
In many ways, Brian Sabean would rather his World Series champion San Francisco Giants opened the season at home. That way the fanfare and frenzy could end right away and the club could turn all its focus to baseball and pick up where it left off last fall.
Hideki Matsui figures if he has a good season in his first year with the Oakland Athletics it could provide some strength for his struggling countrymen back home in Japan.
The Dodgers have signed pitcher Chad Billingsley to a three-year contract extension with a club option for a fourth year, keeping him in Los Angeles at least through the 2014 season.
Colorado Rockies first baseman Jason Giambi says Barry Bonds' personal trainer first sent him steroids at the end of 2002.
The San Francisco Giants' former head trainer testified Tuesday that Barry Bonds added significant muscle mass in 1999 and that he recommended the slugger's personal trainers be banished from the team's facilities the following year.
The testimony remained intimately personal Tuesday for Barry Bonds.
The Giambi brothers are likely to lead a parade of ball players taking the witness stand in the Barry Bonds perjury trial.
San Diego Padres general manager Jed Hoyer says ace Mat Latos will begin the season on the 15-day disabled list with a sore right shoulder.
Barry Bonds' former mistress testified Monday that he blamed a 1999 elbow injury on steroid use, and that the body and behavior of baseball's home-run king changed during their nine-year relationship.