- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - San Jose Earthquakes
The San Jose Earthquakes professional soccer club is located in San Jose, California and participates in the top level soccer league in the United States and Canada, Major League Soccer (MLS). The Earthquakes participated in MLS from 1995 to 2005, and resumed operations in 2008. It is one of the original ten teams in the league, known as the San Jose Clash from 1995 to 1999. San Jose defeated D.C. United 1–0 in the first game in MLS history. It is one of three teams from California to play in the league. - Source: Wikipedia
Chris Wondolowski scored twice to take over the MLS lead as the San Jose Earthquakes beat D.C. United 5-3 Wednesday night.
Tottenham will play the Los Angeles Galaxy and New York Red Bulls in July on a preseason tour to the United States.
If Robbie Keane has any questions about being a European soccer star in Hollywood, he can simply ask his new midfielder with all the tattoos.
The Los Angeles Galaxy traded Juan Pablo Angel to Chivas USA on Wednesday, clearing a roster spot for newcomer Robbie Keane.
Dwayne De Rosario has wasted no time showing D.C. United why he is one of the most prolific attacking players in MLS history.
Rookie goalkeeper David Bingham scored from more than 90 yards out in his professional debut as the San Jose Earthquakes beat West Bromwich Albion 2-1 in an exhibition match Tuesday.
By the time Blake Brettschneider found out he would be kicking off his professional soccer career with D.C. United, the University of South Carolina product had endured waiting through five rounds and 75 picks over the course of two separate drafts.
Jack Jewsbury and Eric Brunner scored in the final six minutes to give Portland a 2-0 win over 10-man Chivas USA in a U.S. Open Cup play-in game Tuesday night.
The Colorado Rapids scored on an own goal in the 25th minute and ended a seven-game winless streak with a 1-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday night.