- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
San Jose Mercury News
Latest San Jose Mercury News Items
Pro-Palestinian activists in the San Francisco Bay Area are planning to block the Port of Oakland this Saturday to prevent two commercial shipping tankers partially owned by the Israel Corporation from docking and unloading.
The Bay Area News Group on Monday named veteran newspaper executive Sharon Ryan as the new president and publisher of the group's 11 daily newspapers, including the Contra Costa Times, the Oakland Tribune and the San Jose Mercury News.
The San Jose, Calif., police department would like access to its residents' private security cameras, and if city Councilman Sam Liccardo has his way they will have multiple opportunities to make it happen.
Three teenage boys have admitted to sexually assaulting a 15-year-old Northern California girl who later committed suicide after photographs of the attack were circulated to classmates, according to published reports.
Children at a California elementary school were able to turn in their toy guns for books and raffle tickets on Saturday.
A former official of the Bay Area Rapid Transit raked in more than $333,000 last year without working a single day after she resigned under pressure in May 2011.
San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed's request to sit down with Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig to discuss the Oakland A's pursuit of a San Jose ballpark has been rejected, a newspaper reported.
The burglar who broke into Steve Jobs' house made off with the Apple Inc. co-founder's wallet with a dollar inside and his driver's license in addition to Apple gadgets and jewelry, according to a police report released Tuesday.
A federal judge on Friday denied Apple Inc.'s demands for an immediate victory in a multibillion-dollar patent trial. Apple sought the long-shot bid as punishment for Samsung Electronics Inc.'s decision to issue a controversial press release on the first day of testimony.