- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
San Jose Mercury News
Latest San Jose Mercury News Items
The Bay Area News Group on Monday named veteran newspaper executive Sharon Ryan as the new president and publisher of the group's 11 daily newspapers, including the Contra Costa Times, the Oakland Tribune and the San Jose Mercury News.
The San Jose, Calif., police department would like access to its residents' private security cameras, and if city Councilman Sam Liccardo has his way they will have multiple opportunities to make it happen.
Three teenage boys have admitted to sexually assaulting a 15-year-old Northern California girl who later committed suicide after photographs of the attack were circulated to classmates, according to published reports.
Children at a California elementary school were able to turn in their toy guns for books and raffle tickets on Saturday.
A former official of the Bay Area Rapid Transit raked in more than $333,000 last year without working a single day after she resigned under pressure in May 2011.
San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed's request to sit down with Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig to discuss the Oakland A's pursuit of a San Jose ballpark has been rejected, a newspaper reported.
The burglar who broke into Steve Jobs' house made off with the Apple Inc. co-founder's wallet with a dollar inside and his driver's license in addition to Apple gadgets and jewelry, according to a police report released Tuesday.
A federal judge on Friday denied Apple Inc.'s demands for an immediate victory in a multibillion-dollar patent trial. Apple sought the long-shot bid as punishment for Samsung Electronics Inc.'s decision to issue a controversial press release on the first day of testimony.
Fire officials in California say at least 21 people were treated for burns after attendees of an event for motivational speaker Tony Robbins tried to walk on hot coals.