- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Sana Items
Syrian rebels including members of al-Qaida-linked Jabhat al-Nusra entered a predominantly Christian village near Damascus on Saturday and are fighting government forces in the old part of the town, activists and state media said.
A coalition of Syria-based opposition groups warned Monday that a proposed international peace conference to negotiate an end to the three-year conflict might be the "last chance" for a solution.
A suicide car bomber killed at least eight security personnel, including a major, on Wednesday in an attack on a military intelligence building in the southern Syrian city of Suweida, the U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.
A car bombing in a rebel-held northwestern town in Syria killed at least 15 people and wounded dozens on Monday, setting cars on fire and sending people running in panic, two activist groups said.
Two mortar shells hit Syria's capital Saturday near a hotel where international chemical inspectors and United Nations staff are staying, state media and a hotel guest said.
Iran's new president expressed his country's support to Syria's embattled leader Bashar Assad's regime Sunday, saying no force in the world will be able to shake their decades-old alliance.
Syria's opposition called Russia "a partner in the murder of innocent civilians," as rebels in a besieged town near the border with Lebanon on Monday accused Syrian troops and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies of killing 300 and wounding 1,300.
Heavy shelling in a neighborhood in the northern city of Aleppo sent civilians fleeing for their lives on Sunday, and the state news agency accused rebels trying to topple the government of setting fire to three oil wells.
Israel's defense minister indicated Sunday that his country was behind an airstrike on Syria that U.S. officials said targeted anti-aircraft weapons bound for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.