- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
Topic - Sanaa
Yemen's Interior Ministry says security forces have arrested a leading al-Qaida leader involved in orchestrating abductions of foreigners and looting banks.
Fierce fighting between soldiers and al-Qaida militants in southern Yemen killed at least 42 people Wednesday, as families fled past destroyed homes, burning cars and streets littered with corpses, witnesses and officials said.
A suspected U.S. drone strike in southern Yemen killed six al-Qaida militants on Monday, military and security officials said.
One of the two officers at the U.S. Embassy in Yemen who shot and killed a pair of suspected al-Qaida gunmen was getting a haircut at a barbershop when the attempted abduction took place, Yemeni security officials said Sunday.
Yemen's defense minister escaped an assassination attempt Friday when alleged al-Qaida militants ambushed his motorcade as he was visiting strategic areas in the south and a sprawling al-Qaida base recaptured by the army, security and military officials said.
Yemeni armed forces on Thursday swept al-Qaida fighters out of a district in the country's south, one of the main goals of the major offensive waged by the military the past two weeks, the Defense Ministry said, amid fears of retaliatory attacks which officials say prompted the closure of the US embassy in the capital as a precaution.
Yemeni residents in the capital, Sanaa, told reporters they heard an explosion and heavy gunfire near the U.S. Embassy, which has long been a target of Islamic terrorists.