- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Sander M. Levin
Latest Sander M. Levin Items
House Republicans blocked a Democratic attempt Tuesday to extend unemployment benefits for an eighth time since 2008, saying they couldn't stomach adding the $33.9 billion price tag to the deficit.
A first attempt by congressional Republicans to repeal part of President Obama's new health care law failed Tuesday as the House overwhelmingly rejected an effort to cut out the individual mandate that requires all Americans to have coverage.
The fallout from the ethical troubles of Rep. Charles B. Rangel continued Thursday as his successor chairman on the Ways and Means Committee stepped down just a day after becoming acting chairman.
The precipitous stock market plunge of June 22, with the Dow Jones dropping 185 points, is all about Washington's continued war on prosperity.