- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
Latest Sandra Jackson Items
Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., son of the prominent civil rights activist, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in federal prison for spending $750,000 in campaign funds on luxury personal items such as mink capes and a gold-plated Rolex watch.
Prosecutors Friday recommended four years in prison for former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., following his guilty plea this year on criminal charges that he engaged in a scheme to spend $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items.
Former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court in Washington, D.C., to misusing more than $750,000 in campaign cash, tearfully telling a judge he used the money to pay off restaurant and nightclub tabs, and for personal expenditures at sports clubs and expensive lounges.