- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Sandra Jackson Items
Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., son of the prominent civil rights activist, was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in federal prison for spending $750,000 in campaign funds on luxury personal items such as mink capes and a gold-plated Rolex watch.
Prosecutors Friday recommended four years in prison for former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., following his guilty plea this year on criminal charges that he engaged in a scheme to spend $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items.
Former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court in Washington, D.C., to misusing more than $750,000 in campaign cash, tearfully telling a judge he used the money to pay off restaurant and nightclub tabs, and for personal expenditures at sports clubs and expensive lounges.