- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Sandy Barbour
The list of people named as supporters of proposals in a nine-page memo sent to the committee that will meet later this month in Chicago to consider updates to the Uniform Athlete Agents Act:
Deciding whether to fire a college football coach often comes down to balancing wins and losses with dollars and cents.
Jeff Tedford made a downtrodden program relevant as coach at California, putting out competitive teams for a decade, developing dozens of NFL players and spearheading a facilities upgrade.
Coach Jeff Tedford was fired on Tuesday after 11 seasons at California that began with great promise and ended with a disappointing run of mediocrity.
Lindsay Gottlieb's royal blue suitcase sits in her dark, empty office, with former coach Joanne Boyle's nameplate still hanging out front near the door.
California defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi was suspended for Saturday's last-second loss to Washington after admitting he instructed a player to fake an injury in a 15-13 defeat at No. 1 Oregon on Nov. 13.
Athletic Director Sandy Barbour said in a statement late Sunday night that she understood the game was emotional but Montgomery's actions were inappropriate.
"It is unacceptable for our coaches to have physical contact with student-athletes regardless of the circumstances," she said. "The second-half incident was certainly out of character for Mike Montgomery, and I am confident that something like this will not happen again."