- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Sandy Evans
Ms. Evans, who in 2004 co-founded the Start Later for Excellence in Education Proposal (SLEEP) to advocate for a later start in the county, said the board hopes to have a report done by next spring.
"It is beneficial to their physical health, their mental health and their academic health," said Fairfax County School Board member Sandy Evans, whose county is also considering moving back its start time. "This [early schedule] just can't be good for teenagers."