- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Latest Sandy Hook Elementary School Items
A new and much more emotional President Obama has hit the town, with a second-term confidence that sees him dropping his tightly controlled expressions in favor of a softer, at times tearful, approach to selling his agenda.
Federal agents arrested a Connecticut woman who claimed to have constructed napalm bombs and was threatening to carry out a mass shooting at a community college in New Haven, authorities said.
Speaking at a Connecticut university near the elementary school where the December mass shooting took place, Vice President Joseph R. Biden urged legislators across the country Thursday to move on gun control, warning that "there's a moral price to be paid for inaction."
Speaking at a university in Connecticut mere miles from where the December Newtown school shootings took place, Vice President Joseph R. Biden urged legislators across the country Thursday to move on gun control, warning that "there's a moral price to be paid for inaction."
In the ongoing debate over the causes of gun violence many contributing factors have been cited, including mental illness, availability of assault weapons and violent imagery in movies and video games. In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting tragedy, however, I have yet to see leading politicians of either party cite absent fathers as one of the contributors to gun violence.
The top legislative priority for gun owners in the previous Congress was passage of a national concealed carry reciprocity bill. The measure sailed through the House on a bipartisan 272 to 154 vote only to die at the hands of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who refused to bring it to the floor.
Gun-control and gun-rights advocates are locked in a fierce dispute over what rank-and-file National Rifle Association members and average gun owners think about President Obama's gun-control proposals, with the NRA sharply rebutting numbers purporting to show that its members and gun owners are largely receptive to new laws.
President Obama's State of the Union speech Tuesday was carefully staged to promote his gun-grabbing second-term agenda. Arrangements were made so TV cameras would pan to the faces of victims of gun violence in the House galleries.
It's the message of the ribbons: Dozens of congressional members wore green ribbons at Tuesday's State of the Union address to show solidarity with victims of gun violence.