- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Latest Sandy Hook Elementary School Items
To arm or disarm? That is a burning question after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., as Vice President Joseph R. Biden prepares to inform President Obama on a way forward.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is now working on a gun control ordinance for the Windy City after an assault weapons ban stalled in the Illinois General Assembly.
One day after gun ownership groups met with Vice President Joseph R. Biden as part of his ongoing talks on gun violence prevention, the president of the National Rifle Association predicted that Congress will not pass a ban on military-style, so-called "assault weapons" in the wake of the school shootings last month in Newtown, Conn.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden hinted Friday that a federal weapons trafficking statute and more readily available mental health assistance could be included in a set of recommendations to address gun violence in the country that he plans to deliver to President Obama by a self-imposed Tuesday deadline.
The administration is eyeing unilateral steps on gun control, but analysts said there are few things President Obama can do on his own because gun control is one area where Congress has jealously guarded its power to make the laws.
The National Rifle Association said it was "disappointed" with the focus of a Thursday meeting with Vice President Joseph R. Biden and other groups over new gun measures, arguing that the White House gathering had less to do with keeping the country's children safe and more to do "with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment."
Virginians overwhelmingly support requiring background checks on buyers at gun shows and posting armed police officers in public school buildings after last month's Connecticut school shooting, according to a statewide poll released Thursday.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden on Wednesday floated the possibility that President Obama will take unilateral action to impose gun control in the wake of the last month's Connecticut school shooting.
More than a decade has passed since Michael Moore released his pro-gun control documentary "Bowling for Columbine," and the director says he's saddened that the nation has not made enough strides toward ending violence in schools.