- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sandy Hook Items
Mark Barden, whose 7-year-old son was killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook shootings, has a message for the heartbroken father of one of the University of California, Santa Barbara, shooting victims: "You are not alone."
Seven months after watching heavy equipment tear down their Superstorm Sandy-wrecked house, Bart Sutton's family is settling into a replacement built on the same spot - but much higher in the air.
The Jersey shore's beaches are in their best shape in years heading into the Memorial Day weekend, the result of a massive replenishment project after Superstorm Sandy and some simple good luck: a series of brutal winter storms that took it easy on the coastline.
The Coast Guard evacuated an ill passenger from a cruise ship off the coast of New Jersey.
Some parents in south-central Kansas are worried that allowing senior citizens to use a new walking track while classes are in session opens a safety loophole they say should be unacceptable after school massacres at Columbine and Sandy Hook.
What was the shooter's motive?
What makes the Jersey Shore attractive to millions of visitors every summer could prove to be its worst enemy over time.
Isabel Newson found her little slice of the American dream in a cottage near the beach in this blue-collar Raritan Bay community.
Beach replenishment will start soon in the first Jersey shore community to rebuild its boardwalk after Superstorm Sandy, part of a near statewide blitz to widen and elevate beaches to the shape they were in before the killer storm hit.