- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Santa Rita Jail
Santa Rita Jail is a county jail located in Dublin, Alameda County, California adjacent to the Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area, and operated by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office. Santa Rita houses the majority of persons arrested in Alameda County, which occupies most of the East San Francisco Bay Area and includes the cities of Oakland, Berkeley, San Leandro and Alameda. - Source: Wikipedia
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested over the weekend in the Oakland area for investigation of DUI, the California Highway Patrol confirmed late Monday.
A stunt for the TV show "MythBusters" sent an errant cannonball through a California family's East Dublin home and into the window of a parked minivan a few hundred feet away.
Emmy-winning character actor Harry Morgan, whose portrayal of the fatherly Col. Sherman Potter on television's "M*A*S*H" highlighted a show business career that included nine other TV series, 50 films and the Broadway stage, died Wednesday. He was 96.