- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Topic - Sara Jayne Steen
"To think that he was bringing such a contemporary writer to the students and working with them, and then to think how exciting that must have been for him, to be in a position where he could meet and talk with the man he had just been teaching," Ms. Steen said.
The letters, which have not been published before, were donated privately to the university, Ms. Steen said.