- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Sasha Menu Courey
The University of Missouri's new chancellor said Tuesday he is prepared to make the school "accountable and responsible" after an independent review faulted its response to the suicide of a former swimmer who told health professionals before her death that she had been raped by several football players.
University of Missouri curators will learn the results of an outside law firm's investigation into the school's handling of a former swimmer's 2011 suicide at a Friday meeting in Rolla.
An independent report released Friday says the University of Missouri failed to follow parts of the federal law that governs sexual harassment on campus when handling the case of a former swimmer's suicide.
University of Missouri athletics director Mike Alden says the school's initial response to news reports about the suicide of a former swimmer who had said she was raped more than a year before her death could have been handled better.
University of Missouri President Tim Wolfe says the four-campus system is committed to bolstering its mental health services as a separate legal review of a former school swimmer's suicide is expected to soon begin.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says "our thoughts and prayers" go to the family of a former University of Missouri swimmer who said she was sexually assaulted and later committed suicide.
A former University of Missouri swimmer's allegations that she had been sexually assaulted by several football players as a freshman before later committing suicide will come up at a curators' meeting this week, two members of the board said Monday.
The president of the University of Missouri system said Sunday he is seeking an independent review of how the university handled allegations from a swimmer that she had been sexually assaulted by a football player more than a year before she committed suicide.
she told health professionals bound by confidentiality that she had been sexually assaulted in 2010 during her freshman year by several football players.
In a diary entry found by her family after her death, Menu Courey wrote she had told an academic counselor in Missouri's athletic department about the rape while hospitalized in Boston.