- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Saudi Court Items
A Saudi court in the conservative province of Qassim sentenced four men for up to 10 years in prison and 2000 lashes for dancing "naked'' in public, the Agence France-Presse reported Thursday.
A Saudi court on Monday sentenced a human rights activist to jail and to hundreds of lashes for creating what judges deemed a "liberal" network and for insulting Islam.
President Obama weighed in on the George Zimmerman verdict by saying that he could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago, and Rolling Stone put Boston terror suspect Dzhohkar Tsarnaev on the cover of its magazine. On the international stage, a Saudi court ruled that a man deemed responsible for another citizen's leg amputation must have his own removed. Here's a recap, or wrap, of the week that was from The Washington Times.
A Saudi court has ruled that a man who paralysed his best friend 10 years ago should now have his spinal cord severed in an "eye-for-an-eye" ruling.
Egypt said Tuesday that it is closely following the case of an Egyptian rights lawyer arrested in Saudi Arabia that has revived long-standing resentment over the treatment of Egyptians working in the oil-rich kingdom.
The chief U.N. envoy to Iraq escaped unharmed from a bombing that hit his convoy Tuesday after a meeting with the nation's top cleric about how to unsnarl Iraq's stalemated government.