- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
Latest Saul Alinsky Items
A la Saul Alinsky in his famous "Rules for Radicals" training manual for effective activism, swarms of anti-war protesters took to the streets and descended upon Secretary of State John F. Kerry's Boston town house, shouting through bullhorns, "Hands off Syria!"
Upon securing victory against the British, George Washington had to quell a rising movement to crown him as America's new king.
So President Obama is back to being the lord protector of the middle class. I remember his presidential campaign in 2008 and wondered at that time: What kind of Democrat is this, not to obsess over the poor? "Obama gets poor rankings on mentions of 'poverty'" (Web, July 8) confirms this.
President Obama can rest assured that should he decide to try the comedy circuit whenever he leaves his present job, he surely will draw an audience that will welcome him with laughs -- especially if he repeats some of his recent comments.
Mitt Romney made a wise but risky choice in selecting Paul Ryan as his candidate for vice president. He's a good pick to stabilize the budget and Medicare as well as support global economic recovery and political stability. The election is now focused on the very highest stakes.
You have to know that times are desperate in the Obama campaign when Sen. Harry Reid is trotted out to contend that Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes for a decade.
A government shutdown is inevitable because President Obama will insist on it. Nothing the Republicans do, short of total capitulation, will prevent this from happening. So the Republicans' task is to prevail in this inevitable confrontation and lay the groundwork for victory in 2012.
"In the beginning, the devil created. ..." Wait a minute. That's not how the Bible begins.