- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Saul Bellow Items
This probing but fond memoir is perfectly titled (and subtitled), for it gives us a unique look at one of the 20th century's most distinguished American novelists. There is certainly a lot of heart in Saul Bellow's fiction, but it functions mostly as the organ that makes it possible for him to bleed so profusely when painfully cut.
"For a decade, from 1985 through the mid-1990s, comic book speculation reached its highest peak, something comic book dealers and collectors lament to this day," writes Jonathan Shipley in the December issue of Fine Books and Collections.