- Werth, LaRoche lift Nats past Angels 5-4 in 9th
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
Latest Scotland Yard Items
The scandal engulfing Rupert Murdoch's media empire exploded in several directions Monday, with fresh reports of phone-hacking attacks against some of the nation's most powerful figures, including royals and former Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
Scotland Yard's mounted police branch is putting its ceremonial division, known as the Grey Escort, through its paces as officers prepare for the royal wedding.
A key aide to Prime Minister David Cameron will be questioned by police over allegations a major British tabloid illegally eavesdropped on politicians and celebrities, including the British princes, a senior Scotland Yard officer said Tuesday.
Are we witnessing a resurgence of al Qaeda and groups affiliated with Osama bin Laden's terror franchise? Consider the following incidents, which unfolded within the space of 24 hours in Great Britain alone.
GLASGOW, Scotland - British police yesterday raided buildings near Glasgow and in central England and made a fifth arrest in a hunt for al Qaeda-linked terrorists behind the fiery attack on the Scottish city's airport and foiled car bombings in London.
It is no exaggeration to declare that Vladimir Putin's Russia is a true "spookocracy," a government dominated by members and veterans of intelligence services, what Reuel Marc Gerecht calls a "unique corporate, capitalist police-state."