- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
Latest Scotland Items
Leader Miguel Angel Jimenez will tee off for the third round of the 2013 British Open at Muirfield at 10:20 a.m. ET Saturday, playing with Henrik Stenson. But the high-profile pair just ahead of them, Tiger Woods and Lee Westwood, should draw a large gallery.
Carl Pettersson's golf bag was a little bit lighter. And the burly Swede didn't stand quite so tall Thursday in the British Open.
Some of the most significant moments in recent history of the British Open at Muirfield have come on the 17th hole.
Gary Player is as eager to share his thoughts about golf as he is to show off his body.
Two dozen cameras were in position Monday morning to capture the first big moment of this British Open, only they weren't anywhere near the golf course. They waited in the driveway as a silver station wagon pulled through the gate and stopped in front of the clubhouse at Muirfield.
Tiger Woods plans to return to action at this week's British Open at Muirfield, and he'll be playing alongside Graeme McDowell and Louis Oosthuizen for the first two rounds.
Fresh off a Scottish Open victory, Phil Mickelson showed up at Muirfield for the first time in 11 years and didn't take long to figure out his strategy for the British Open. He wants to keep it as simple as possible and try to make easy pars.
Now it's up to the 43-year-old South African to reclaim the silver prize, and that doesn't figure to be easy. He won the last time the Open was played at Muirfield in 2002. He has more top 10s in the British Open than any other major. But he has this piece of history working against him — the last major champion in his 40s to successfully defend his title was Old Tom Morris, and that was 151 years ago.
Just when he thought he'd finally understood the unique nature of links golf, Phil Mickelson arrived at last year's British Open and missed the cut for the first time at a major in five years.