- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
Latest Scott Hannan Items
Carl Soderberg scored the lone goal with 7:35 remaining, Tuukka Rask bounced back from rough stretch to post his NHL-leading fifth shutout of the season, and the Boston Bruins beat the San Jose Sharks 1-0 on Saturday night.
The Calgary Flames signed defenseman Scott Hannan to a one-year, $1 million contract on Saturday.
On the day an arbiter awarded Norris Trophy finalist Shea Weber $7.5 million, some brief discussion around Washington centered around a defenseman who was making $4.5 million and was not re-signed.
If Scott Hannan is going to be back with the Capitals next season, they won't make a move to re-sign him until after unrestricted free agency opens at noon Friday.
"I was a little bit tired." Scott Hannan, the Washington Capitals' dependable 32-year-old defenseman, wasn't making excuses for his gaffe against the Lightning on Sunday night, for the ill-advised line change in overtime that resulted in Tampa Bay's winning goal. Indeed, he was only too willing to take the blame for the Caps' loss, which put them behind in the series 2-nil heading into Game 3 Tuesday night.
Take nothing away from Michal Neuvirth, who shined in his Stanley Cup playoff debut against the Rangers in Game 1. But his Capitals teammates kept more than half of New York's shots from reaching him.
Washington's centerpiece trade deadline deal continued to pay big dividends Thursday night, as new Capital Jason Arnott buried an Alexander Semin feed with just 5:19 left to play in regulation in a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues at Verizon Center.
The Washington Capitals have added experience to their defense by acquiring Scott Hannan in a trade that sends forward Tomas Fleischmann to the Colorado Avalanche.
For years, Alex Ovechkin's Washington Capitals have won games by outscoring opponents, and general manager George McPhee wanted to add an experienced, stay-at-home blueliner to solidify the defense.