- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to 7 percent as 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
Scott J. Bloch
Latest Scott J. Bloch Items
''There never was a time ... when the mass of men had less to do with the way in which they were governed." This protest didn't come from some Tea Partyer in the Midwest frustrated at our out-of-control government. It was penned nearly a century ago by Hilaire Belloc, an Edwardian poet, historian, war chronicler, artilleryman, wayfarer, political essayist and sometimes member of the British Parliament. Belloc was a prototype for today's know-it-all celebrity pundits, with the exception that he really did know quite a lot regarding just about everything.
Democrats on a House committee will question the head of the General Services Administration (GSA) today about accusations that she improperly engaged in partisan politics, but committee Republicans are expected to turn the session into a bare-knuckled free-for-all.