- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Scott K. York
Latest Scott K. York Items
Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell on Monday put his political weight behind the effort to get the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority board to reconsider its decision to build the more expensive of two Dulles Metrorail station options, calling the move a "stunning" blow to the collaborative process.
Loudoun and Fairfax county officials refuse to pay for the more-expensive Metro station at Washington Dulles International Airport that they had no role in approving.