- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures many on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Scott Monaghan
"We try to build a base with them. It is really three phases — social, academic and hockey," said Scott Monaghan, director of hockey operations for the USNTDP.
"It's not that American fans can't identify with the great players from Canada or Europe. Anyone can watch a guy like [Alex] Ovechkin and appreciate him," Monaghan said. "[But] I think it would be help the average American sports fan to have more quality American players to identify with."