- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Scott Smith
Locally heavy rainfall was causing some minor flooding in parts of Kansas, but a Wichita forecaster says most of it was confined to city streets where drainage isn't very good.
Former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith on Wednesday filed nominating petitions to get on the Republican ballot as a governor's candidate in the Aug. 26 primary, making him the third of seven major GOP candidates to pass that mark.
New York State Police released the names of the two people who survived a sky-diving accident after jumping out of an airplane at 9,000 feet.
A Fitchburg man with a history of mental illness who slashed his social worker's face with a box cutter because he wasn't given nicotine gum has been sentenced to three years in jail.
Two Republican candidates for Arizona governor in an already crowded field could have a critical advantage thanks to support close to home, the Arizona Capitol Times reported (http://bit.ly/1jWCfT1) earlier this month.
Vice Mayor Alex Finter has taken over as mayor of Mesa.
The Arizona Senate gave final approval to a $9.2 billion spending plan for the coming budget year late Thursday, potentially setting the stage for an early close to the Legislature's 2014 session.
A judge ordered a Virginia man held without bond Monday in West Virginia after a prosecutor said he is a suspect in three unsolved slayings in the city of Alexandria over the past decade.
PHOENIX (AP) — Mesa Mayor Scott Smith entered the crowded race for the Republican nomination for Arizona governor Thursday, ending months of speculation about whether the leader of the state's third-largest city would throw his hat into the ring.
Stephen Baldwin threatened to feed personal information about Kevin Costner to The New York Times if the two actors couldn't resolve their business dispute over millions of dollars in BP money after the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, a witness testified Wednesday at a trial for Baldwin's lawsuit against Costner.
Michael Jackson's doctor seemed surprised to learn during a police interview two days after the pop superstar's death that three bags of medical items had not yet been recovered from the star's bedroom, a police detective told jurors Tuesday.
Mayor Scott Smith affirms under oath that he meets the requirement to run for Arizona Governor, Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at the Secretary of State's office at the Capitol in Phoenix.