- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Latest Scottish Police Items
Scottish police say eight people are now confirmed dead following the crash of a police helicopter into a crowded Glasgow pub.
A jet heading to New York from Cairo was diverted to Scotland on Saturday after a female passenger found a note reading, "This flight will be on fire," in one of the plane's restrooms.
The former top media adviser to Prime Minister David Cameron was detained Wednesday on suspicion of perjury in the trial of a flamboyant ex-Scottish lawmaker — the latest case tied to allegations of wrongdoing by British tabloid newspapers.
Media scion James Murdoch, his father's heir apparent, was under fire Friday over claims by former newspaper executives that he misled lawmakers about what he knew, and when, about Britain's phone-hacking scandal.
GLASGOW, Scotland — A flaming Jeep Cherokee rammed into Glasgow Airport yesterday, shattering glass doors just yards from passengers lined up at the check-in counters. Police said the attack could be linked to two car bombs found in London the day before.