- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
Latest Scouting Items
The entire nation is watching to see if the Boy Scouts are going to cave under relentless pressure from gay activists whose demands, if successful, will destroy the finest organization for young men our nation has ever known.
On Monday, the Boy Scouts of America announced they will be considering lifting their long-standing ban on homosexual members and leaders. The announcement comes as a surprise, given the Boy Scouts' reaffirmation of their stance against homosexual membership just last summer.
Twelve years ago, Bryant Gumbel called me an (expletive) idiot on CBS' "The Early Show" for defending the Boy Scouts after the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed their right to uphold moral standards for leaders and members.
After a confidential two-year review, the Boy Scouts of America on Tuesday emphatically reaffirmed its policy of excluding gays, ruling out any changes despite relentless protest campaigns by some critics.