- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Scripps Institution Of Oceanography
Latest Scripps Institution Of Oceanography Items
In a story March 7 about research showing how the world has warmed dramatically, The Associated Press erroneously reported what one scientist said. Jeff Severinghaus of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography said a bigger jump in temperatures may have occurred 12,000 years ago, not that temperatures were warmer at that time.
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography has been awarded a $1 million grant to develop a deep sea seismic network.