- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Sean Collins
RALEIGH, N.C. | NHL teams got a jump-start on their trade deadline action Tuesday, as a few prominent players changed places and the Washington Capitals reshaped their blue line while making a couple of minor deals.Amid a career renaissance, ex-Caps right wing Jaromir Jagr, whose uninspiring stint in Washington exemplified a stretch of futility for the franchise, was sent to the Boston Bruins from the Dallas Stars for a draft pick and two prospects.
A few prominent players including Jaromir Jagr changed places and the Capitals re-shaped their blue line while also making a couple of minor deals ahead of Wednesday's deadline.
A Purdue athletics official says cornerback Sean Collins is suspended from the team after being arrested outside a bar on preliminary charges of public intoxication, resisting arrest and battery.
By the time midnight rolled around of Game 3 of the second-round series, the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers were on fumes. Troy Brouwer said he and his teammates drew from the crowd.
Warren Buffett is telling shareholders in an open letter he has been diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer.
Mike Green was still limping around Wednesday. Even worse was that he was limping around after not taking part in the Washington Capitals' practice at Rexall Place.
At the NHL level, the Washington Capitals are seeking their first Stanley Cup. But their top minor league affiliate, the Hershey Bears, are used to the sweet taste of victory: They've won 11 Calder Cup championships in the American Hockey League, including three in the past six seasons.
The Capitals are expected to make another round of cuts Thursday, trimming the roster down from 29 to the final few guys competing to make the roster.
Goaltender is the most important position in hockey - especially in the playoffs. As Arturs Irbe, the Capitals' coach for that position, said, "If you don't have great goaltending in the playoffs, you really don't stand a chance."
Three games in a row, the Capitals have fallen victim to ill-timed injuries, all to defensemen, all forcing the team to play short-handed on the back end.
A storm pounding California with record rain and heavy snow spawned minor flooding, mudslides, small evacuations and road closures Monday, but forecasters warned that the bad weather's worst impact may be yet to come.
He says the junior joined the Boilermakers as a walk-on in 2009 and was on the roster in 2010 and 2011.
"I will let shareholders know immediately should my health situation change," he wrote. "Eventually, of course, it will; but I believe that day is a long way off."