- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Sean Collins Items
RALEIGH, N.C. | NHL teams got a jump-start on their trade deadline action Tuesday, as a few prominent players changed places and the Washington Capitals reshaped their blue line while making a couple of minor deals.Amid a career renaissance, ex-Caps right wing Jaromir Jagr, whose uninspiring stint in Washington exemplified a stretch of futility for the franchise, was sent to the Boston Bruins from the Dallas Stars for a draft pick and two prospects.
A few prominent players including Jaromir Jagr changed places and the Capitals re-shaped their blue line while also making a couple of minor deals ahead of Wednesday's deadline.
A Purdue athletics official says cornerback Sean Collins is suspended from the team after being arrested outside a bar on preliminary charges of public intoxication, resisting arrest and battery.
By the time midnight rolled around of Game 3 of the second-round series, the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers were on fumes. Troy Brouwer said he and his teammates drew from the crowd.
Warren Buffett is telling shareholders in an open letter he has been diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer.
Mike Green was still limping around Wednesday. Even worse was that he was limping around after not taking part in the Washington Capitals' practice at Rexall Place.
At the NHL level, the Washington Capitals are seeking their first Stanley Cup. But their top minor league affiliate, the Hershey Bears, are used to the sweet taste of victory: They've won 11 Calder Cup championships in the American Hockey League, including three in the past six seasons.
The Capitals are expected to make another round of cuts Thursday, trimming the roster down from 29 to the final few guys competing to make the roster.
Goaltender is the most important position in hockey - especially in the playoffs. As Arturs Irbe, the Capitals' coach for that position, said, "If you don't have great goaltending in the playoffs, you really don't stand a chance."