- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Sean O'Donnell
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
The Chicago Blackhawks have agreed to one-year contracts with forwards Andrew Brunette, Jamal Mayers and Brett McLean along with defenseman Sean O'Donnell.
No NHL team knows better than the Philadelphia Flyers how hard it is to overcome a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-seven playoff series.
In real world and hockey terms, Mike Knuble is all of 38 years old, his body having absorbed NHL punishment since the 1996-97 season. But while the Capitals have endured injuries to Nicklas Backstrom, Alex Ovechkin, Mike Green and Jason Arnott, Knuble has appeared to roll back his odometer a bit.
Playoff hockey isn't set to begin officially for the Washington Capitals until April 13 or shortly thereafter. At that point players will start growing their beards, and the life and death of a season will be measured in seven-game increments.
'will' is the most important. You have to have all 22 guys or at least the key players they have to have the will to win," said Blackhawks defenseman Sean O'Donnell, who won the Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007. "Playing in the league is great, making a lot of money is great, but guys have to feel like their careers aren't complete until they win one."
"Obviously with the way the playoffs have gone, everyone is going to pile on Bouch," O'Donnell said.