- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Sean Smith Items
As Americans nationwide honored fallen military service members on Memorial Day, including two former Navy SEALs killed in the terror attack in Benghazi, President Obama called on the country to recognize the sacrifices of troops serving in Afghanistan.
The tragedy of Benghazi, where a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed, seemed a cut-and-dried story in the days after a mob attacked the State Department's mission in eastern Libya. Today, the public knows that those early administration pronouncements were false.
House Republicans on Monday asked to interview retired Ambassador Thomas Pickering, the veteran diplomat who headed the State Department's probe into last year's attack in Benghazi, Libya, and Mr. Pickering said he would be happy to cooperate.
Hanging over Wednesday's hearing on administration failings during the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi, Libya, was former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's question: "What difference at this point does it make?"
The State Department's deputy chief of mission for the U.S. in Libya at the time of the Benghazi terrorist attack said Wednesday that the Obama administration didn't talk to him before dubbing it a spontaneous attack spurred by an anti-Islam video, a move he said embarrassed the Libyan president and hampered the FBI investigation.
The Ansar al Sharia Brigade, the Islamist terror group linked to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, continues to operate freely in that Libyan city, according to U.S. military officials.
U.S. air power could have headed off at least part of last year's terrorist attack on the diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, but American officials didn't have the capability to refuel warplanes in time, the second-ranking U.S. diplomat in the country has told House investigators.
U.S. investigators believe several members of al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch took part in last year’s Sept. 11 terror attack on a U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya — and may have been deployed specifically for the undertaking.
The White House denied Wednesday that State Department officials are muzzling would-be whistleblowers about last year's terrorist attacks on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi by blocking security clearances for their attorneys.