- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Sean Toohey
Want to know how much a hip replacement will cost? Many hospitals won't be able to tell you, at least not right away _ if at all. And if you shop around and find centers that can quote a price, the amounts could vary astronomically, a study found.
Toohey, 54, said his health insurance covered most of the costs, and it didn't occur to him to ask about price beforehand.
"I never really looked or paid attention" to the cost, he said.