- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Seattle City Council
The Seattle City Council is committed to ensuring that Seattle, Washington is safe, livable and sustainable. These nine Councilmembers are elected to four-year terms in nonpartisan elections and represent the entire City, elected by all Seattle voters. - Source: Wikipedia
A Seattle City Council vote regulating popular app-based rideshare companies has been postponed until March 17. The vote was originally scheduled for next Monday.
A public hearing on Seattle's minimum wage drew a crowd estimated at about 700 people Wednesday night, many of them red-shirted advocates of a move to increase the city's minimum to $15 an hour.
Maryland's second-largest county is pushing for a tax on plastic grocery bags, joining a number of local governments across the U.S. that are considering taxing or banning the bags as a way to reduce litter and generate extra revenue.
Striving to reduce the trash it sends to landfills, Seattle has banned foam takeout containers and plastic bags, told residents they must recycle cardboard and compost food scraps, and set up a registry for people to opt out of getting phonebooks.
From the first moments of "The Killing," the mood is foreboding.