- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest seattle sounders Items
Chad Barrett scored off a wild scramble in the penalty area in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over defending champion Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer opener.
Some 50 piles of gravel sit in the middle of what this spring will be the first makings of a grass field inside Levi's Stadium. In April, staff will conduct a "superflush," a mass simultaneous flushing of the toilets to simulate the potential overload on the sewage system with a large crowd.
Robbie Rogers has become the first openly gay soccer player to take the field in a U.S. professional league. He was put into the Major League Soccer game — Los Angeles Galaxy versus Seattle Sounders — on Sunday night as a substitute, The Associated Press reported. His Galaxy team won, 4-0.
To Major League Soccer, the All-Star Game in recent years had become, in some regards, a sore subject. Envisioned as a spotlight for the league's top talent, the midsummer spectacle instead developed into an arbitrary symbol for how far soccer in the U.S. still has to go.
A venture capitalist who wants to build a sports arena to bring professional basketball back to Seattle will pay for a study to determine the impacts on traffic and parking following objections by his potential neighbor _ the Seattle Mariners.
The Los Angeles Galaxy will play Toronto FC in an all-Major League Soccer pairing in the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals, and the Seattle Sounders will meet Mexico's Santos Laguna.
For the past two seasons, D.C. United defender Marc Burch's career has been stuck in neutral.
For the moment, D.C. United has stopped the bleeding. The club also may have found its creative spark.
D.C. United coach Ben Olsen, at 34 years old and just 18 months removed from his playing career, typically provides a sense of levity on the practice field, cracking jokes while bringing his unique comic energy to the proceedings. Despite his prominent title, he often seems just like one of the guys.