- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Senate Committee Items
Plenty of measures that have been proposed in the Hawaii Legislature no longer have a shot this session, including bills to ease access to medical marijuana and outlaw shark and ray fishing.
The South Dakota House has granted final legislative approval for a bill prohibiting cities and counties from contracting with red light camera companies.
A Senate committee has snuffed out a bill to regulate the sale of electronic cigarettes in Utah.
The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
A Senate committee at Utah's Republican-controlled Legislature has heard but taken no action on a Democrat plan to fully expand Medicaid in Utah.
A measure voicing support to move the Utah state prison out of a developing tech corridor has advanced in the state Legislature.
A proposal that would increase Salt Lake City's hotel space - making more room for outdoor gear shows, conferences and the crowds they bring - is advancing in the state Legislature.
In-person absentee voting hours would not be allowed on weekends or holidays in Wisconsin under a bill passed by a state Senate committee.
A Senate committee has voted to expand the amount of time lobbyists can give personal donations to candidates running for office in Wisconsin.