- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee
Latest Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee Items
Monday is the "crossover" day of this year's legislative session, the deadline to pass bills in at least one chamber of the General Assembly.
The Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee on Friday approved a measure relegating marijuana possession to a civil offense.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley's gun control bill has been approved by a Senate committee, which passed the legislation late Thursday but added some changes that would decrease certain licensing fees and strengthen protections against handgun purchases by the mentally ill.