- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Senate Items
China is "strangling" emerging island democracies in the Pacific in pursuit of narrow goals such as friendly votes at the United Nations, CIA Director Michael V. Hayden said in an interview in which he criticized Beijing's failure to act as a responsible global power.
ANNAPOLIS (AP) — Lawmakers who say rogue gambling machines threaten the state lottery and slot machines they hope to legalize took their case to a Senate committee yesterday, but charitable organizations said the targeted machines are a big help to them.
ANNAPOLIS (AP) — A Senate panel voted yesterday to cut $32 million from the Intercounty Connector (ICC), but lawmakers were assured a modified financing plan would keep the highway project on track.
Al Qaeda is taking a greater role in coordinating the Taliban and other Islamist militant groups operating in Afghanistan's volatile border region with Pakistan, a top U.S. commander said yesterday.
Beverly P. Heurich, 88, homemaker
RICHMOND — The real work of the legislative session begins tomorrow when lawmakers in each chamber are expected to pass budget proposals that will be forwarded to a conference committee that will negotiate a spending compromise.
RICHMOND (AP) — Balancing a state budget thrown out of whack by a softening national economy and tepid revenue collections is the biggest challenge facing legislators at the procedural midpoint of the 2008 General Assembly.